Mt Evans can be accessed via the highest paved road in North America, reaching an elevation of 14,130′. The Mount Evans Scenic Byway offers easy access to Colorado’s inspiring high mountain environment, which is why it is included on this site. You may see Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, mountain goats, marmots, birds and alpine wildflowers. Take a short walk to the top of your first 14er! Overlook spectacular views of distant mountain peaks, alpine lakes and glacier valleys. A drive to the top of Mount Evans will take your breath away, in more ways than one!
- Trailhead: Mt Evans summit parking Lot
- Round trip: .25 miles / .4 km hike (14 miles /22.5 km scenic drive)
- Elevation: 14,130′-14,264′ (+134′) / 4,307m – 4,348m (+41m)
Follow the only paved road 14 miles to summit parking lot. Once there, take a short 1/4 mile hike and you will be standing on the summit of Mt Evans!
- Summit open Memorial Day through Labor Day only.
- There is a per car fee
- Great views from the summit and along drive
- Two lane road / two way traffic with no guard rails
- Bathrooms at Summit Lake and the summit parking lot
Route up Mt Evans Rd